Competition for business is tougher than ever before. Most engineers and buyers narrow the field by 70% to 80% through online research before making contact with suppliers they are considering for an RFQ.
The number one concern of my clients is: How can we create a more effective online presence?
The answer: Differentiate your company from your competitors by providing your prospects with solutions to their manufacturing issues and be there when they’re ready to send the RFQ.
Let’s be honest. Everybody says they have great quality. Many of you have AS, ISO and ITAR certifications and equipment just like the next guy.
Perhaps it’s time to reclaim your mission for being in business. You need to dig deep to find your core reasons for being in business aside from making a profit.
Steve Jobs said,”Marketing is about values. Customers want to know who you are, what you stand for and how your business fits into the market”
Ask yourself and your team: How do we best serve our customers? What is our excellence? What is the problem we can solve?
Once you’re clear on your mission, it’s time to deliver that message to your prospects and attract the business that you are looking for.
Here’s some strategies that can Increase your effectiveness online:
- State a clear message on your home page that incites interest.
- Create content to assist and stay in touch with customers such as articles, blog posts, videos and case studies.
- Employ compelling copy that delivers vital information while giving your company a unique voice.
- Create landing pages that are specific to your target markets.
- Catch more traffic with high-end photographs that capture the uniqueness of your operation.
- Share the human story of your company with its history, traditions, specialized employees and relationships.
- Educational Video makes your products and processes come to life. Our experience has proven that over 80% of industrial decisions are made after watching a video vs. reading text.
Regardless of your service or product in the end it’s all about what you can do to make it easy for your customer to get their parts or products manufactured.