First Article Inspection (FAI)
UC Components, Inc. is committed to strict adherence to industry and customer specifications as well as full part traceability.
A First Article Inspection (FAI) is an official design verification and history method providing a detailed reporting of measurements for all key features of a part or assembly. The First Article Inspection (FAI) is typically called for in a purchase order and conducted on a first item or prototype. A First Article Inspection Report (FAIR) is then prepared to verify that all properties and features manufactured are compliant to the proper specifications; the report is then provided electronically and sent along with the inspected part for approval.
When is an FAI typically requested?
- First production run of a new product
- Design change to an existing product
- Materials or sources change
- It has been more than 2 years since the part was produced
- Change in process, tools, or location
- Change in manufacturing company producing the parts
Whether it’s simply adhering to the protocol for a UC Components catalog part on an assembly bill of materials, or a highly critical part requiring strict surveillance throughout the manufacturing process, we are your manufacturing solutions partner.